|Degree||Academic Programme||Length of Programme|
This programme concentrates on developing the knowledge of exploiting natural resources in the most efficient and sustainable manner, through interdisciplinary application of biotechnology and other related sciences. The main objective of the programme is to create graduates who possess extensive and sufficient academic and intellectual skills in biotechnology and resources utilisation. The graduates are expected to ably conduct research based on existing knowledge, or to become agricultural or industrial occupation experts. The graduates should also possess entrepreneurial skills and/or potential to inspire biotechnological innovations, besides a good command of English and the ability to compete at international levels. Importantly, the graduates must abide by ethical and moral standards, maintain good interpersonal relationships and display a strong sense of social responsibility.
Proficiency in biotechnology; Potential to play an active role in developing the country in keeping with the ‘Thailand 4.0’ policy; and Ability to use their knowledge of biotechnology as a basic mechanism for dietary, agricultural, medical and healthcare improvements, which in turn will be an added value to the country’s economy.
- Graduates will have a strong background in bioscience and will be able to perform research and/or create innovation.
- The program provides scholarships and has established collaborations with both the private sector and renowned universities.
- Graduates will have the opportunity to either work within the private sector or study/work abroad for a short period of time.
- Researchers, scientific staff or assistant researchers in the private and government sectors such as universities, research institutions, regional medical sciences centers, or in any companies operating in the agriculture, food and medical fields
- Lecturers in academic institutions in related fields
- Sales representatives in companies selling chemicals or scientific equipment
- Graduates have up-to-date knowledge and expertise in bioscience
- Graduates have a strong background in bioscience and are able to create innovative initiatives that will benefit the economy, community and the environment.
- Graduates practice ethics in science and have a sense of social responsibility.
- 32,500 Baht per semester
- 260,000 Baht per programme
- Programme Structure
- Bachelor of Science Programme in Biotechnology
Total credits: 132 credits (4-year Bachelor’s Degree)
1. General Education Course 30 credits
2. Specific Requirement Course 91 credits
1) Core Course 30 credits
2) Major Required Course 46 credits
3) Major Elective Course 15 credits
3. Free Elective Course 6 credits
(Refer to Bachelor of Science Program in Biotechnology Year 2017)